Age of Mythology : The Titans Expansion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
lickerlicker
Br3akd4nc3r
Lordblub
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^
8 posters

Atlanteans

Poll

Do you see any potential in atty?

[ 1 ]
    Atlanteans I_vote_lcap9%Atlanteans I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Atlanteans I_vote_lcap55%Atlanteans I_vote_rcap [55%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Atlanteans I_vote_lcap18%Atlanteans I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Atlanteans I_vote_lcap18%Atlanteans I_vote_rcap [18%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Back
    [Bo0T]Nakamura***^
    [Bo0T]Nakamura***^

Rep : 3

Atlanteans Empty Atlanteans

Post by [Bo0T]Nakamura***^ Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:41 am

Well well, some events of this week sorta motivated me to bust out my atty a bit.
    I wanna quickly share my experiences with you.
    I was more of the oranos type, than kronos, but more of this later.
    Atlanteans can build TC-s in archaic, so for the sake of efficiency, and so as to get some early game advantage it seemed obvious to me : one vill on TC and one to wall that off in archaic. This is a must.
    Also, heroization of vills and oracles seems a logical step to me, oracles for wall preventing, and hero vills for faster build rates.
    With a little luck and good raiding you can be 3 Tc vs 1, and have a trade starting at 3:30ish times.
    The godpath i use is Prometheus, Theia, Helios. Birds are great for early raiding too, and norse's only answer are fire giants.
    The range of possibilities that this fast 160 pop army, the very tough but also short ranged fire siphons, and sky passages give you are insane if you ask me.
    With villagers constantly building and grabbing map, you can fortify yourself even while you spread out. I have no idea how to call this, it's like if you were literally everywhere on the map.
    Using this early advantage you can deny the enemy trade, and keep his goldmines in your building's firing ranges...
    Dryads give you even more of any early advantage, since they are pop-free.
    Good matchups for atty are atty and norse. They can be used in limited ways against greek, but the army superiority of greeks will push the atty back, no matter what unit composition he has. The hard counters, except the katapeltes are useless. Heroes cost extra resources, this is insane too.
    Destroyers do a very good job even in heavily fortified positions, and accompanied by a few fire siphons they clear out anything. Not to mention their hero variants.
    Atty can go beyond his own pop limit by heroising existing troups, which is pretty useful until you start losing units. I advise to do this with building raiding destroyers. The anti myth unit hero would be preferably the murmillo or arcus, for the sake of population efficiency.

I see no way against egyptians. Mercenaries kill your early game advantage, and your buildings die like flowers to those OP siege units. Even though the atty army is superior, eggy will always have an edge, namely mercs. It's going to need very constructive work and high skill for anyone to find a way to beat em.

Sky passages are perhaps the saviour of oranos, i would simply go kronos if those werent there.
    I can't help but think that sky passages are superior to time shifting, because the closest thing to it is the uw. All know what that can be used for, except you need time to build a sky passage. Still it's instant army placement, so you can switch fronts easily.

This is what i have for you now, express your thoughts please.
    Lordblub
    Lordblub

Rep : 0

Atlanteans Empty Re: Atlanteans

Post by Lordblub Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:39 am

Most of this is true...But also the eggy part.
    I think eggy can own atty easy^^
    Br3akd4nc3r
    Br3akd4nc3r

Post by Br3akd4nc3r Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:15 am

Despite the fact that you MUST BE MUCH better that the opponent vs greeks to beat 'em and MUCH better to beat an eggy , I agree to all of this Smile
    lickerlicker
    lickerlicker
    Forum clown

Post by lickerlicker Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:22 am

norse would be played the same amount as atty if it wasn't for aom. Once aot came out with the nerf ppl just kept playing norse even though it sucked. i would say norse and atty and pretty equal now, but norse wil win cuz no one has really expermineted with atty enought to find the good strats
    DmD_Firefox
    DmD_Firefox

Rep : 2

Post by DmD_Firefox Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:14 am

Naka idk man Atty has never been mastered enough to compete on a high level. The best ive seen in the past few years was Fox's and other then that Atty_Player on ESO had it going for him esp in 2vs2
    DoD_Fox
    DoD_Fox

Rep : 5

Post by DoD_Fox Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:28 am

I used to be really good with Gaia. I've sort of shifted over to Kronos now but I haven't been very active lately so it's not in top form.

Played Naka today and let him control the entire pace of the game... normally wouldn't do that
    [Bo0T]Luster**^
    [Bo0T]Luster**^

Rep : 2

Post by [Bo0T]Luster**^ Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 pm

i think atty can do alot of damage in DM yet probably requires more skill
    [Bo0T]_Reginleif
    [Bo0T]_Reginleif

Post by [Bo0T]_Reginleif Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:02 am

Damn, is there anyway to re-vote ? I mistakenly voted for the 2nd option, I wanted to vote for the 1st one (People were stupid for years! lolz)
    I definitely think that Atty can be played to the highest level. It needs a lot of patience & skills, more micro-ing, etc. That 3 or more games which we played some days back, when you were Atty(Oranos) & me Greek definitely proved that.
    I have no doubt that if you play with Atty more regularly & if you manage your eco & building placement more effectively, you will have the best Atty seen in recent times =)
    [Bo0T]Nakamura***^
    [Bo0T]Nakamura***^

Post by [Bo0T]Nakamura***^ Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:18 am

Okay back to this topic.
    Gaia.
    Lush prevents uw.
    Normal hit and run contarius raids, tower spam and forwarding to get the 4 vs 2 TC advantage... this would be the concept.
    What mythic god to pick?
    Thoughts?
    [Bo0T]_Reginleif
    [Bo0T]_Reginleif

Post by [Bo0T]_Reginleif Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:23 am

I prefer going through Atlas(Gaurdian of Io Myth-Unit God) rather than Hekate(Lampades) vs Greek.
    Lampades can turn other enemy units into Neutral, but i think Gaurdian of Io is even better as it can directly kill enemy unit with it's acid SP.
    lickerlicker
    lickerlicker
    Forum clown

Post by lickerlicker Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:27 am

your quote always makes me laugh epsilon
    [Bo0T]_Reginleif
    [Bo0T]_Reginleif

Post by [Bo0T]_Reginleif Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:58 am